You are here: AskColorado Home > First Time User?
First Time User?
How do I use AskColorado?
- Click where it indicates you can ask your question.
- Another webpage will open for you to provide information about yourself and your question. Please fill out the form, then type in your question and click on the "Chat Now" button.
- The next available librarian will connect to you and send you a greeting.
- The librarians may send you links to web pages, articles from proprietary databases, or file attachments that will assist you with your question.
- To view a web site, if they do not automatically open on your computer, simply click on the link in the chat area. This will open a new browser window or tab to display the site.
- When you're finished working with the librarian, you can receive a copy of your transcript if you click on the "Print/Email" button. Your email spam blocker or email filter may filter email. To insure receipt of your AskColorado transcripts, please set up your email account to allow email from: email@example.com.
How do I get a transcript?
You may wish to have a transcript of your AskColorado session. Two ways to get a transcript:
- When you are in AskColorado, click the "Print/Email" button. This will print your transcript or give you the opportunity to enter your email address to have your transcript emailed to you.
- You may email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the date and time of your call as well as the question you asked. This will help locate the correct transcript. This will then be emailed to you.